What are the things that people search for in miter saws whenever people are trying to purchase a miter saw that they can use for a long period of time? Most people will search for miter saws that are very functional and will still work even after a few bumps when using it. There are also some people who will try to search for miter saws that will be very easy to adjust. There are different miter saws to choose from but the decision can be between Bosch 4310 and Dewalt dw717. Given a choice, which one should be chosen?
Bosch 4310 10 Inch Dual Bevel Slide Miter Saw
There are various features that have been improved with the Bosch 4310 miter saw as compared to its predecessor. As with the other entire Bosch miter saw products, this product has patented controls that will make it easy for people to use the product with comfort and ease. I would have to say that I used it comfortably even if I had to use it for a long period of time.
Advantages of the Bosch 4310 10 Inch Dual Bevel Slide Miter Saw
- The fact that it has a double bevel is always an advantage over all the other miter saws that have single bevels only. I have found it easier to adjust the blade to my desired levels and angles and this has made cutting various materials very easy for me. The range selector is probably the best feature that it can offer but it still has other advantages.
- There is nothing bad to say about the blade of the Bosch 4310. It is made out of 60 tooth blade and can make cutting more precise and accurate than other miter saws. This can be used in any type of wood even through wood that is a bit thicker than usual.
- The 15 amp and 3 HP motor may be similar to the other miter saws out there but with this one, I have seen how powerful it can be when it goes through ultra thick materials that other miter saws would sputter and die on.
Disadvantage of the Bosch 4310 10 Inch Dual Bevel Slide Miter Saw
- A disadvantage of this product is the fact that the blades would have to be replaced easily but this is probably due to the fact that it is being used often and almost all the time.
Dewalt DW717 10 Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- One advantage of the Dewalt DW717 over the Bosch 4310 is its rpm. The rpm of this is 4000 no load motor which is very strong. This means that cutting through various materials can be very easy with the use of this power saw.
- While it also features a double bevel and the blades can also be adjusted to your preferred angle, I personally think that the double bevel of the Bosch 4310 is easier to use. I was also able to set the correct angles in place faster as compared to setting the double bevel of the Dewalt dw717.
- As compared to the Bosch 4310, the Dewalt dw717 may cost more money although the features and the things that it can do seems easy to compare and contrast with the Bosch 4310.
- One thing that would have to be said about the blade of Dewalt dw17 is it seems to be inferior as compared to the saw of the Bosch 4310. After a few times of using, the blade would have to be replaced immediately because it has already broken down.
Ultimately, it would all boil down to people’s preferences and what people are searching for in miter saws. The dewalt dw717 may be easy to bring around because it is considered lighter than other miter saws but the bosch 4310 have other advantages too that the former model cannot offer.