Searching for planers can be a bit complicated considering the fact that there are so many planers to choose from. It might seem that every brand would like to get their planer noticed by professionals and even hobbyists who would like to do some woodwork from time to time but upon closer inspection, the search might be narrowed down to the Makita 2012nb and the Dewalt dw735. While they might seem to have the same specs, knowing the right details will help people make the right decision.
Makita 2012NB 12 Inch Interna Lok Automated
If you are searching for a planer that will have everything that you are looking for then the Makita 2012NB may be the best option. It has a lot of features that make it the choice of a lot of professionals and hobbyists alike. There are also additional accessories that are available that can make working so much better.
Advantages of the Makita 2012 NB 12 Inch Interna Lok Automated Planer
- One of the best things that can be said about this product is that it is very user friendly. Most of the time, some of the planers that people are using can be a bit complicated to use because they can be hard to bring around. The blades might be hard to remove and replace as well. With the Makita 2012NB, this will not be a concern anymore.
- The Interna – Lok automated head clamp makes it possible for the equipment to cut through material without causing snipe marks. I have to say that snipe marks are very unsightly and before, I used to throw out expensive material because of the snipe marks brought about by using other machines but with the Makita 2012NB, this is not a problem at all.
- A lot of the planers that are available right now come with a 15 amp motor but what makes this planer different from all the others is the fact that it is quiet. Most of the time, working with planers can be quite unsettling for people’s ears but the 83db of the Makita 2012NB is workable.
Disadvantage of the Makita 2012 NB 12 Inch Interna Lok Automated Planer
- The dust hood is my main problem when it comes to the Makita 2012. It is just not enough to hold all of the dust that gets removed from all the things that I do. It is likely that people will also have this as their problem as well but there are various dust hoods that can be purchased on the market that do not cost a lot of money.
Dewalt DW735 – 13 Inch Thickness Planer
- The blade of the Dewalt DW735 is bigger than the Makita 2012NB. It might not seem much but the extra inch can go a long mile when it comes to cutting material although the cut of the Makita2012NB can prove to be more precise.
- The great thing about the DW735 is the fact that it is properly calibrated. This means that the setting right out of the box can already be used. Although in order to make some of the other more complicated cuts, the settings can be changed easily too.
- The main difference of the DW735 with the Makita 2012NB is the changing of the blades. Changing the blades can be faster with the Makita2012NB which means that time will be utilized well in the process. This does not mean however that it will not be fast to change the blades of the DW735 too.
- The dust collector of the DW735 deserves to be given some special attention because it is so good that in the beginning, I thought that the dust is not going out until I realized that the dust collector is just made very well. Better than the dust collector of the Makita 2012 NB.
Based on the things mentioned above, it will be easy to see the main differences of these two planers. Do remember that the choice would be up to people who are going to use them. Their features will make it or break it for some people.