When the Festool TS 55 REQ Track Saw and Festool TS 75 EQ Plunge Cut Circular Saw are compared to each other, most people will probably not understand what the differences are between the two handheld saws. There might be some similarities between the two but aside from their brand name, there are various differences that would have to be given different attention. Hopefully, this article will help people out in choosing the right saw that they will use for their wood working needs.
Festool TS 55 REQ Track Circular Saw
I can say that the Festool TS 55 is a circular saw that is unlike any other that I have seen. Its guide system is very helpful and I can say that it has helped me a lot of times. It is likely that the different features tht makes the Festool TS 55 unique is something that can help people a lot too. Knowing the various advantages that it can give to people will help.
Advantages of Festool TS 55 REQ Plunge Saw
- The Festool TS55 is known to have a unique plunge action. This type of move will allow a new range of other movements that can make woodworking different from usual. I have tried using it and figured that I can cut through around 2-3 different types of material in just one cutting.
- The 55 inch guide rail made out of extruded aluminum makes it possible for the cuts to become more accurate. I did not have to guess anymore where the saw is going to cut through because through the guide rail, I could tell which part is going to get cut.
- The power of the blade speed can also be controlled and I find this very helpful especially during moments when I have to be extremely careful and at times when I would need things to be done fast. Blade speed can be from 2000 rpm to a staggering 5,200rpm.
Disadvantage of Festool TS 55 REQ Track Saw
- The main disadvantage of the Festool TS55 is the price tag. It does cost a lot more than the other plunge saws that can be seen in the market right now. It does have a lot of good features though that can be beneficial for a lot of people in the long run. This might be a good investment especially if it is going to be used for a long period of time.
Festool TS 75 EQ Circular Saw
- Even though the Festool TS55 will make it possible to cut through various plywoods and other thin materials, the Festool TS75 can do edge jointing hardwood. This is essential especially for people who are working with wood.
- The rail of the Festool TS75 is made with the 1400 in the beginning and this is similar to the Festool TS55 but some problems have come up because of this. It might be a bit hard to cut through certain type of wood with the 1400 rail. Some models right now are being shipped with the 1900 and people are recommended to get this rail more to be sure.
- The TS75 can cut about ¾ deeper than the TS55 and while this is okay and can help a lot, some people tend to feel that this is not enough given the price tag.
- There is a tendency for the TS75 to become heavy especially after using it for a long time. This might make people take extended breaks instead of just continuing with their work.
The features of these two models are almost similar aside from the various changes that have been made to the TS75. For those who would like the latest from Festool, the Festool TS75 is recommended but for people who would just like to have the basic features without the hefty price tag, the Festool TS55 might be a better choice.